Once you have purchased an eBook, you will receive an email which enables you to download your eBook by simply clicking on the provided link. However, please read through the following information to ensure that you will be able to successfully open and read your eBooks.
What is an eBook?
An eBook is an electronic book that you can read on a computer screen or hand held device. Adobe digital management (DRM) helps protect Adobe PDF files. We use Adobe’s eBook technology which is based on PDF. ICC eBook can be read on Windows® and Macintosh computers, and Palm OS® PDAs.
Why choosing the eBook format?
- To save time: you can download and read your eBook immediately after receiving the link giving you access to the file.
- To save money: no handling or delivery charges.
- To save space on your bookshelf: you can store your own personal library of eBooks on your PC, Laptop or hand held device and your eBook remains on your computer when you are done reading it.
- You can take your whole electronic library with you when travelling with your laptop or hand held device.
- You can highlight and add notes to your eBook.
- eBooks allow you to search for keywords / topics of particular interest to you.
- eBooks can even be read out loud for you by the computer (if enabled by publisher).
How is an eBook different from a PDF file?
A PDF eBook is a PDF file that is copyright-protected using Adobe DRM (Digital Rights Manager). eBooks may also have certain permissions set to control if the eBook can be printed, copied or when it expires.
What are the technical requirements to successfully read ICC eBooks?
To read a digital edition, you need the free Adobe Reader software, version 1.7.1 or higher. You will also need an Internet connection to authorize your device for digital rights management and to download the digital edition. ADE is delivered with your eBook and you will be prompted to install it in order to read the eBook. You can also download ADE at: http://www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions
ADE does not require DRM Activation and is easy to use.
How long will it take to download an eBook?
Download times depend on both the size of the file and the speed of your computer modem.
Do I need to be online to read eBooks?
No, you do not need to be online to read eBooks. After the eBook is downloaded, you can disconnect from the network and read it offline.
If you have any other questions regarding eBooks, please visit:
http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/pdfs/95003923_eBook_FAQ_UE.pdf or http://www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions/