Monday through Friday
9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET
Insights into UCP 600 eBook
Item No.: 682 eBook
THIS IS AN eBOOK. AFTER COMPLETING THE ORDER PROCESS, AN EMAIL WITH DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTIONS WILL BE SENT TO YOU. Thank you!
Pub No. 682 eBook
Insights into UCP 600
Collected Articles from DCInsight 2003 to 2008
Edited by Ron Katz
DCInsight is the most respected magazine in the field of documentary credits. Insights into UCP 600 contains almost 70 articles on UCP 600 written for the magazine DCInsight during the five years from 2003 to 2008: 39 articles written prior to the adoption and 30 articles after the adoption of UCP 600.
These expert commentaries follow the debate on the main issues in the new UCP from its inception through its final implementation in 2007. Covering topics including negotiation, documents lost in transit, discounting deferred payment obligations, “reasonable time” and “without delay”, they constitute an invaluable record of the history of the new UCP for practitioners and laypersons alike.
Some of the distinguished authors include: John Dolan, Donald R. Smith, King-Tak Fung, Jim Barnes, Laurence A.J. Bacon, Gary Collyer, Frank Reynolds, Reinhard Längerich, Roger Graham, and Mark Ford.
This rare collection of articles from the magazine will enhance the understanding of UCP for all users and students of documentary credits.
Table of Contents
69 articles including:
- The Insight interview: Nicole Keller - The Shape of the new UCP
- Inconsistencies and ambiguities about [UCP's] meaning ought to be banished to the past by Roger Graham
- The UCP 500 transport articles need to be revised by T.O. Lee
- The Insight interview: Charles Debattista - A transport expert's recommendations for the new UCP
- "Negotiation": no benefit to beneficiaries by Reinhard Längerich
- A trader's wish list for UCP 600 by Frank Reynolds
- The Insight interview: Ole Malmqvist - Candid views from a member of the UCP Drafting Group
- Negotiation credits, value and nominated banks by John Dolan
- The Insight interview: Laurence A.J. Bacon - Some key issue in the UCP revision
- The transport sector views UCP 600 by Mark Ford
- An argument for smaller-scale UCP revisions by Roger Graham
- Delete "reasonable time" and "without delay" from the UCP by N.D. George (CDCS Distinction)
- In support of electronic UCP revisions by Åke Nilson
- On "reasonable time" and holding documents at the disposal of the presenter by Pavel Andrle
- Another take on by Bojan Zida
- Transport articles in the draft by Professor Charles Debattista
- Who Speaks for the exporter? by Laurence A.J. Bacon
- A look back at the UCP revision by Gary Collyer
- UCP 600: A shipping association's view by Peter Holst
- Negotiation credits under UCP 600 by John Dolan
- A lawyer's personal welcome to the new UCP by Brooke Wunnicke
- A practical approach to the new UCP by Kim Christensen
- Ambiguities in the new UCP by Pavel Andrle
- UCP 600: issues and question marks by Radek Dobás
- The anatomy of "shipment" in L/C transactions by Kim Christensen